Job title: SharePoint Developer
Head of Managed Dev
Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
The SharePoint Support Developer is responsible for analysing business requirements, troubleshooting the defects of the existing solutions, estimating the efforts involved and communicating with the client, designing a proper solution and implementing robust and deployable solutions using the latest web technologies independently. In addition, they work closely with other teams to assist with delivery during the Early life Support phase of a project.
This role is an integral part of the team and the need for adaptability and flexibility is crucial.
The ideal person for this role will have a confident manner and excellent communication skills, the ability to effectively engage with a wide range of stakeholders and a methodical and analytical approach. You will need to be able to tackle challenging scenarios, consider options and explain and implement solutions.
- To provide 2nd and 3rd Line break/fix support to Managed Services clients, through the delivery of high quality, appropriate bug fixes with minimal efforts
- Deliver small to medium scale solution enhancements in line with scope, using agreed standards and tools
- To deliver outputs within agreed SLAs or estimated timeframe
- To ensure customer satisfaction and user acceptance
1.3 Roles & responsibilities
- Provide 2nd Line incident resolution for Content and Code’s Managed Services clients
- Prepare Statements of Work for Client Enhancements
- Build, test and deploy Enhancements and Change Requests
- Supporting the development of junior team members
- Liaise with clients/end users to clarify details of requirements.
- Design, code, test, correct, and document complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools.
- Report on work carried out and contribute written material of publication quality.
- Assist with the creation of Statements of Work for small to medium sized projects.
- Coordinate the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Recognise and manage potential issues.
- Approach situations in a positive and constructive way: provide solutions, not problems.
- Consider and create options and objectively consider other viewpoints.
- Identify or create business opportunities or improvements.
- Take personal ownership. Demonstrate accountability and responsibility. Constantly seek to improve self, the team and the company.
- Help identify areas for the implementation of changes in the business process.
- Work with clients to define acceptance tests.
- Obtain and analyse usage data and present it effectively.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialisms and provide expert advice regarding their application.
- Create and maintain support documentation.
- Manage the configuration of documentation items and files within own area of responsibility.
- Identify and report issues and risks.
- Use the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities.
- Administer the recording of activities, logging results and documenting technical activity undertaken.
- Carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial/pilot users.
- Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies.
- Identify new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assess their relevance and potential value to the organisation and contribute to briefings of staff and management.
1.4 Skills & experience
1.4.1 Required skills & experience
- SharePoint development: SharePoint Online development, JSOM, CSOM, Server-side APIs for SharePoint 2007 and above, PowerShell
- SharePoint Administration knowledge for all SharePoint Versions (SharePoint 2007 and above)
- Office 365 Administration
- Commercial experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Code, TFS
1.4.2 Highly desirable skills & experience
Azure based development, PnP, TypeScript, SharePoint Framework
1.4.3 Helpful skills & experience
- PowerApps, Flow, SharePoint Designer workflows, SQL Administration, Nintex workflows / forms, Metalogix tools or equivalent, Windows 2008 server or above and IIS configuration