Cyril Sweett is an international construction and property consultancy with 18 offices in the UK and nine offices overseas. The company needed to establish better communication between their global offices in order to deliver the same level of expertise across the business and provide consistent levels of service to their clients. They also wanted to increase productivity by providing employees with a single location where they could share and find information – and reduce risk by ensuring staff used the same approved documents and processes.
Cyril Sweett’s new intranet has empowered its staff, unified the business and improved communication and information sharing between offices across the globe. Automated forms and standardised processes have increased staff productivity and ensured that any information used is valid, up-to-date and comes from approved sources.
After discussing several options with Cyril Sweett, Content and Code worked with them to deliver a new intranet built on a Microsoft SharePoint platform, a solution featuring:
- Document library views that steer users to the right information
- Document version control, enabling employees to collaborate more effectively
- Quick links to important information, such as Health and Safety documents
- Advanced search helping employees easily find, use and share information
- A Chief Executive blog, improving transparency within the business • A company news bulletin to keep employees up-to-date with all the latest developments • A customisable events calendar