WaterAid deploy an Office 365 solution globally
- WaterAid need to deliver lifesaving programmes globally their IT systems are an integral part of delivering these successfully.
- Employees were unable to search for colleagues and volunteers across countries and projects, leading to a lack of visibility often delaying lifesaving projects.
- A large proportion of WaterAid’s workforce are external volunteers and in-country operatives, they needed a way of connecting these employees with their HQ to improve project delivery and engagement.
- The existing system was causing frequent “down time” and needed a lot of IT support – especially from low bandwidth areas such as Africa and Asia
- As a not-for-profit organisation WaterAid struggled to justify their extensive infrastructure costs to key stakeholders.
- We helped WaterAid with their Office 365 Strategy and Journey to the Cloud.
- The critical first phase was to migrate their email to Exchange Online, providing a highly reliable email with very large mail box capacity.
- To ensure Yammer was used correctly, we helped with training and community management.
- We ensured that WaterAid were able to justify and prove measurable ROI for their IT expenditure
- Our User Experience team worked with WaterAid to develop a strategy to successfully introduce Office 365 across their organisation
- WaterAid now have the latest communications and collaboration tools to ensure delivery of life-saving projects are within budget and on time work.
- Employees are now able to search via job function and location to get the right people working on the right procts.
- IT costs have been reduced as services are now cloud based. WaterAid are now able to pass the saved money onto vital projects.
- Staff now have a reliable tool that works in low bandwidth areas, enabling greater communication and collaboration.
- Yammer has helped bring WaterAid’s internal and external stakeholders together, project success stories are now being shared across countries truly highlighting their good work and passing on innovative clean water ideas.
Latest insights into Office 365
Before we go into more detail about how a digital workplace can be a huge a benefit to Firstline workers, let's look at who Firstline workers are and what they do. Who are Firstline workers Firstline workers, also known as front-line, mobile or even deskless workers,...read more
If you have an interest in Office 365 usage and are familiar with Microsoft Power BI, you may well have heard of the Microsoft Office 365 Adoption Content Pack. This is a collection of reports, measures, and charts packed into the Power BI solution delivering visual...read more
A leading Global Construction company came to us needing a new platform which would be a solution for problems they have faced with their existing document management system. Their solution needed to enable users from all geographical locations within the business, as...read more