WaterAid deploy an Office 365 solution globally
- WaterAid need to deliver lifesaving programmes globally their IT systems are an integral part of delivering these successfully.
- Employees were unable to search for colleagues and volunteers across countries and projects, leading to a lack of visibility often delaying lifesaving projects.
- A large proportion of WaterAid’s workforce are external volunteers and in-country operatives, they needed a way of connecting these employees with their HQ to improve project delivery and engagement.
- The existing system was causing frequent “down time” and needed a lot of IT support – especially from low bandwidth areas such as Africa and Asia
- As a not-for-profit organisation WaterAid struggled to justify their extensive infrastructure costs to key stakeholders.
- We helped WaterAid with their Office 365 Strategy and Journey to the Cloud.
- The critical first phase was to migrate their email to Exchange Online, providing a highly reliable email with very large mail box capacity.
- To ensure Yammer was used correctly, we helped with training and community management.
- We ensured that WaterAid were able to justify and prove measurable ROI for their IT expenditure
- Our User Experience team worked with WaterAid to develop a strategy to successfully introduce Office 365 across their organisation
- WaterAid now have the latest communications and collaboration tools to ensure delivery of life-saving projects are within budget and on time work.
- Employees are now able to search via job function and location to get the right people working on the right procts.
- IT costs have been reduced as services are now cloud based. WaterAid are now able to pass the saved money onto vital projects.
- Staff now have a reliable tool that works in low bandwidth areas, enabling greater communication and collaboration.
- Yammer has helped bring WaterAid’s internal and external stakeholders together, project success stories are now being shared across countries truly highlighting their good work and passing on innovative clean water ideas.
Latest insights into Office 365
For any team that is tasked with managing the security of an organisation, making sure staff adhere to best practice can often be a challenge. If you’ve moved to the cloud, or in the process of moving to Office 365 there is one key requirement: to make sure your...read more
In 2019 the use of Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) is becoming more and more prevalent in the modern workspace. End-users now expect to be able to use their own devices for both business and personal use. They expect a seamless user experience as well. The question that...read more
It's been another busy couple of weeks in the Message Centre and on the Microsoft 365 Roadmap. First up, two items that were added to the roadmap on Friday and are already rolling out, possibly even launched by the time you read this (and depending upon your Office...read more